Friday, March 10, 2017

Ophthalmologist

Duties and responsibilities: They are special types of doctors that treat illnesses and diseases on a person's eye. Ophthalmologist  also examine eyes and prescribe contact lenses and glasses also perform eye surgery. There main focus are on the eyes. This job requires patience, care, and good speaking skill to communicate and give information. Certain eye monitors are used to check out the function of the eyes and the muscles. Another thing is that administrative and management skills are needed for this career.

Salary: $197,700 average salary

Image result for ophthalmologist duties and responsibilitiesEducation: Complete medical school then a 3-8 year residency and internship then a bachelor's degree. Having a state licence is also required.

Demand for this profession: 14% Growth from 2014-2024

Reflection: Would you like to be one? Why? Why not?
I wouldn't like to be one because I would be paranoid that I could harm someone's vision. Also this job requires a lot of patience and I don't have much. I don't think I would fit this job. This job requires a lot of school etc and I wouldn't be interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment