Monday, May 1, 2017

“I have been asked what I mean by ‘word of honor.’ I will tell you: Place me behind prison walls-walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground- there is a possibility that in  some way or another I might be able to escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can I get out of that circle? No, never! I'd die first.”
Karl G. Maeser

Image result for word of honorWhat this quote means is that word of honor is saying you will or will not do something and keeping it. I'd like to think of it as a promise. When you give your word of honor you are promising to do as you say. You are saying you won't break it and you will achieve what you said you would. An example of giving your word of honor is telling your mom you will do something and THEN YOU DO-DO IT. If you break it your word of honor won't mean anything but if you keep it, you will be valued. A word of honor is important because if you don't have one, or you break things you say you will do constantly, and give your word for it; then no one will take you seriously. People will see you as nothing but a liar. Now if you do opposite than that you will show your good character and that you are a CTR person. Keeping your word of honor is very important. Having a word of honor is valuable and not having one will suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment